About the Team
Photo Courtesy of Dr. Bridget Ayling
- Sandia National Laboratories. Sandia is the Project Lead for the Fallon FORGE effort and has extensive geoengineering experience in drilling, monitoring, and reservoir stimulation as applied to EGS development. Sandia also has a long history in the management of large science-based field operations.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. The Energy Geoscience Division of Lawrence Berkeley holds unique capabilities in subsurface energy science with a long history of applying a multidisciplinary team approach in all areas of expertise required for EGS.
- U.S. Navy and the U.S. Navy Geothermal Program Office (GPO). Together, the Navy and the GPO actively manage geothermal exploration and development on military lands and have experienced geothermal personnel located at Naval Air Station Fallon.
- Ormat Nevada Inc. This vertically integrated company is not only the premier binary geothermal power plant manufacturer, but also a field developer and global provider of clean geothermal power, with a strong corporate commitment to supporting EGS R&D.
- University of Nevada–Reno. This major university, known for its geothermal and regional expertise, houses the following entities: the Great Basin Center for Geothermal Energy, an academic geothermal research center; the Geothermal Academy, a world-class practical geothermal training institute; and the Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology, the State’s geological survey, which is part of the College of Science.
- U.S. Geological Survey, Menlo Park. The Nation’s preeminent geoscience research organization has long-standing expertise in geothermal resource evaluation and EGS development.
- GeothermEx/Schlumberger. An innovative and respected consulting firm with over 40 years of geothermal resource development experience (conventional and EGS), GeothermEx is actively leveraging and adapting the drilling, completion, and stimulation technologies of its parent company, Schlumberger.
- Itasca Consulting Group. This premier global consulting firm and software developer brings expertise in geomechanics, fracture modeling, and simulating EGS stimulations.